Terms and Conditions
Payment Of Fees
All appropriate fees must be paid prior to the commencement of any course. This includes the eLearning element. Access to the RUSTA learning management system which delivers the eLearning courses will only be provided once cleared payment has been received.
No refunds or credits will be provided once access to any learning material has been granted, if you fail to attend the course at the designated training centre at the designated time without prior notice, or if you attempt to re-book within 24 hours of the classroom based element commencement time. If you inform RUSTA in writing (or email) at least 5 working days before the commencement of the classroom based element of the course that you wish to change your course booking, you will be able to book on to a future course without incurring further course fees. A GBP£25 (plus VAT) administration fee will however, be charged. If you inform RUSTA in writing (or email) at least 24 hours (but less than 5 days) before the commencement of the classroom based element of the course that you wish to change your course booking, you will be charged a GBP£100 (plus VAT) late cancellation fee and will be able to book on to a future course. A GBP£25 (Plus VAT) administration fee will be charged in addition.
Unless otherwise preauthorised by RUSTA, candidates have 3 months, from the date of successful completion of the theory examination, to submit their Operations Manual. If Operations Manuals are not submitted within this time period, then an additional administrative cost will be charged in order to proceed with completion of the course.
RUSTA will endeavour to complete the practical assessment at the allocated place and time issued by RUSTA, post Ops Manual ratification. The candidate reserves the right to refuse the first offered date, time and location and an alternative date will then be issued by RUSTA, as required. Any subsequent cancellations at the candidates request, will incur an additional charge at the current standard Operation Evaluation rate. Should the practical assessment need to be postponed as a result of circumstances outside of RUSTA’s control (e.g. unsuitable weather conditions), the candidate will be advised as soon as is practicable of an alternative booking arrangement, issued by RUSTA without charge. RUSTA cannot guarantee to allocate any particular date, time or venue.
Award of Permission For Commercial Operation (PFCO)
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) issue your PFCO. Upon successful completion of the RPC(S) course including the eLearning, classroom based training including examination, acceptable operations manual and practical assessment, you will apply direct to the CAA for your PFCO. RUSTA cannot influence the time scale that the CAA will take for the award of a PFCO and cannot be held liable for any delays in the process due to CAA workload or other delays. You are advised not to accept bookings for commercial work until you have successfully received your PFCO. If you choose to accept a booking for commercial work before receiving your PFCO, you do that entirely at your own risk.
RUSTA guarantee to provide you with high quality eLearning, classroom based instruction and guidance to allow you to complete the RPC(S) course. However, RUSTA do not guarantee that you will receive a PFCO by simply enrolling on the course. There is a theoretical examination taken under standard CAA examination conditions and a practical flight assessment to demonstrate your skill in safely operating a SRPAS. Failure of any of these elements will mean that RUSTA will not be able to recommend the award of a PFCO without subsequent re-assessment. Additionally, there may be other reasons that RUSTA would be unwilling to recommend the award of PFCO, these could include, but are not limited to:
- Arriving at the training centre under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Arriving for the practical assessment under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- A poor attitude towards conducting SRPAS operations safely and safety of flight in general.
Goods and Services Terms and Conditions
RUSTA reserves the right to cancel any transaction prior to any confirmation notice of a course booking before any training materials or course is delivered.
General Data Protection Regulation
The following outlines the General Data Protection Regulation Policy for Eagle Eye Innovations (EEI) /RUSTA The overarching principle is that:
- All data collected and/or stored by EEI/RUSTA is done so for the sole purposes of EEI/RUSTA business and an individual’s relationship with EEI/RUSTA. This will include, but is not limited to, membership communication, internal marketing of events, notification of publications, educational quality standards, CPD, CPD. Individual’s personal data will not be shared with a third party without prior written consent.
- No member of staff or council will share any personal data with a third party without the prior consent of the individual. This includes, but is not limited to Name, address, email address and phone details.
- All EEI/RUSTA Staff will sign to consent form for their business email address, phone number and associated business contact details to be circulated for the sole purposes of EEI/RUSTA business.
- All EEI/RUSTA Trustees must agree to allow EEI/RUSTA Staff to freely use their business contact details but do not agree that they are circulated to external third parties without prior consent on a case by case basis, Trustees to avoid using their own personal details for business correspondence.
- EEI/RUSTA Instructors, Contractors and Assessors must agree to allow EEI/RUSTA Staff to freely use their business contact details for the sole purposes of EEI/RUSTA business but do not agree that they are circulated to external third parties without prior consent on a case by case basis.
- Any data that is sent to us through the website (using the contact forms etc) use HTTPS to encrypt that data during transmission to make sure it can’t be read by third parties
- From 25th May 2018 EEI/RUSTA will not retain any paper files of personal data, except for financial transactional data.
- EEI/RUSTA will carry out a full IT security audit quarterly in collaboration with First Choice Web Design Lincoln their specialist IT support contractor.
- Where financial transactional data is retained onsite it will be stored in a locked filing cabinet inside a locked room where access is restricted to the CEO, EEI office staff and the Financial administrator (RDG Accounting). The data is treated as confidential and is only shared with authorized personal. Authorised personnel include, EEI/RUSTA Sales and Marketing Manager, RUSTA course coordinator and accountant.
- Financial information for online payments are not held by EEI/RUSTA and are all managed by Worldpay, EEI/RUSTA hold none of this payment information.
- When processing financial information by telephone staff taking the call must not write down or record any of the information given to them except in the designated boxes in the Worldpay payment terminal. They must not repeat back any card details and if they require clarification they will ask the caller to repeat the details. The transaction should not be processed on speaker phone
- Members who elect to pay by Direct Debit have their bank account and sort code held against their member base record. This information should only be inputted by the CEO or financial administrator. This data should not be disclosed under any circumstances. If and when the member resigns or cancels their direct debit the financial information will be removed. We don’t have any direct debit processes in place as it is not required at this time.
- The EEI/RUSTA Learning Management System is hosted and maintained by FCWD.
- No PC or workstation shall be left unmanned without a suitable password protected screen saver. All PCs and workstations should be closed and password protected overnight.
- All Staff should use only their own login to access PCs and cloud databases and not share their login details with others.
- In order to show compliance to the General Data Protection Regulations all staff will carry out an hour online training program and sign to agree that they understand the implications. (Signing log attached), they will also sign this policy to show they have read and understand their responsibility to personal data.
- From June 2018 the CEO and EEI Office Staff will meet quarterly to conduct a GDPR audit to ensure full compliance, audit log attached.
- All staff have signed as part of their contract of employment a confidentiality clause.
On Joining a RUSTA Training Program each candidate must be told that EEI/RUSTA will not under any circumstances use their data for any other purpose than for processing the course deliverables. The data will not be circulated to third parties unless candidates give their prior written consent. This is made clear at the beginning of the enrolment process and on any newsletter.
- The data held by EEI/RUSTA can only be as accurate as the information supplied to EEI/RUSTA. It is the responsibility of the individual to ensure their data is accurate.
- Once an individual’s relationship with EEI/RUSTA has become inactive their personal data will be retained electronically for 3 years before deletion.
- An individual may at any time request the removal of their personal data by contacting email@example.com. It should be noted that the removal of all personal data (including email contact details) will result in EEI/RUSTA no longer being able to carry out the processing of the course deliverables.
- An individual may at any time raise a concern by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org For further details on your rights visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/.