Mission Intelligence Co-ordinatorInstructor Mission Intelligence Coordinator (IMIC) Role
- Function: Aircrew
- Job Type: Full time, Permanent
The MIC will ideally be qualified in either Imagery Analysis (IA) or Signals Intelligence (SigInt). Full training will be provided in Full Motion Video (FMV).
The MIC will utilise multiple IT systems to provide situational awareness to MCE to ensure flight safety, provide real time reporting to supported units and create intelligence products to inform and influence commander’s decision making. Using air & ground mapping allows the MIC to formulate Intelligence Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR) plans to satisfy commander’s requirements.
As Mission Aircrew, MICs undertake training to be qualified controllers in the safe and legal delivery of kinetic effects as part of the MCE. Knowledge of the capabilities and effects of weapons and the Tactics, Training & Procedures (TTPs) employed by the UK Reaper Force is key to a MIC providing effective input to their crew.
What we’re looking for
Desirable Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- MQ-9 Reaper Mission Crew Element (MCE) as Mission Intelligence Coordinator (MIC)
- Senior Mission Intelligence Coordinator (SMIC) or Instructor Mission Intelligence Coordinator (IMIC)
- Imagery Analysis and Product Exploitation & Dissemination (PED)
- Instructional delivery and course design of Intelligence Analyst Courses
- Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Analysis
- Signals Intelligence Analysis
- Defence Train The Trainer (DTTT)
- Central Flying School (CFS) Qualified Instructional delivery